Employers are legally required by the ADR Directive to direct consumers to a CTSI Certified Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider in the event of an unresolved dispute. This Motor Ombudsman online course helps you to fulfil this obligation by providing you and your staff with the knowledge and understanding required to act in compliance of the law, without the need to travel or take a full day away from the office.
The benefits of using online training in the workplace include:
- Cost Reductions e.g. travel fees
- Man hour reduction (training only takes as long as the learner needs)
- Self-printed certificate for evidence of course completion
- Staff can start training immediately
- Helping your business maintain a green status by reducing your carbon footprint
All of our e-learning courses are SCORM compliant, meaning it can be paused by the user and picked up when they like, allowing freedom to complete the course in a time that fits around their workload. By allowing them to work at their own pace you can have peace of mind that everybody has received adequate information, without feeling the need to compete with their peers.
What is covered:
- What is ADR and why is it a legal requirement
- What the legal requirements of your businesses is under the new European Directive.
- Best practice in managing consumer complaints and the ADR regulations.
- Understanding how ADR can impact on the day-to-day operation of your business and maximising the benefits it can bring.
- What is Alternative Dispute Resolution and the types of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The route available to consumers to gain redress from an impartial third party and the duty of the trader to provide this information.
- Time limits if any, for the trader to resolve the dispute directly with the consumer or transfer the dispute to the third party for mediation or arbitration.
- How any resolution reached with the third party's intervention will be implemented and enforced.
- Motor Ombudsman complaints process and your role as code subscribe
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 45 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
This Motor Ombudsman course is targeted at businesses needing to train their staff in ADR procedures and complaint handling in the Motor Industry. However, the information is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to act compliantly within the law and deal with a consumer complaint effectively should it occur.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
Cost: £25 (not including VAT)